Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Unexptected Hospital Stay

Last week Crew had to stay in the hospital for a few days. He woke up from his nap really struggling to breathe, so I ran him to the pediatrician who sent me right over to check him into the hospital. He was there three days doing tests and getting his breathing under control. The conclusion is that he has asthma, which runs in our family so I have been around it quite a bit, but still was scary for him, poor little guy!



After Ava went to visit him and we came home she told me that "cruiser" has a new bedroom somewhere else. It was funny, I guess she thought he had moved, and Griffin was sure missing his buddy when he woke up in the morning wondering why he wasn't in his crib next to him.





He was soooo excited when Ava and Griffin came up to play with him and have lunch. He was following them down the hall saying "home, home" when they had to leave.

He was literally running out of the hospital when they told us he could go home. He jumped off the bed and ran all the way to the car. He's very happy to be home!

7 comments:

Lamb Family said...

Poor kid! How is he doing now? Let me know if I can do anything to help!

hOLLIANN said...

I am so sorry that happened. I hope the nurses were good...and I hope the little guy is doing better. Let us know if we can help with anything.

kecia said...

He looks so cute in his hospital gear! I am glad he is ok and home! Sorry you had to deal with a hospital stay!

Kari said...

Wow! that is too bad. I am glad things are going better.

The Greenwoods said...

OH MY GOSH!!! THAT IS SO SAD!!!

Tiffany said...

I am so sorry for the scare. Glad it is something that can be fixed, Allie's kids have that too. He is so cute.

Kristan Carter said...

OH my goodness....I can't imagine...I am so glad they know what is wrong...He sure did look cute in those scrubs though :)