Saturday, April 17, 2010

Baby Lyla

Poor Lyla had to stay the night at the hospital to do more tests for reflux, apnea and some other things. She didn't enjoy at all the tubes and wires down her throat. The tests didn't show much of anything which is good and bad because we still don't know anything more, but this past week has been the best so far without any real stop breating episodes. Let's cross our fingers, maybe she's outgrowing it, or the medication is working better, either way we're not complaining!





Her appts with the cardiologist, not her favorite time, but the nurse gave her a binki for the first time at her appt a few weeks ago to calm her down and she really liked it.




One good thing about the hospital test findings, we got to get rid of this compressed air machine, they said she didn't need to be on it anymore. Hooray!


She's wearing a big girl outfit. She's still such a little peanut only weighing 7lbs. 9oz. Her heart works so hard while she eats that she is burning more calories eating than are in her formula. A little weight at a time is good though, even if it's very slow. They want her to be 10-12lbs when she has her surgery in a couple of months, we've got a ways to go.

6 comments:

Nicole D said...

Lyla is Gorgeous! I am glad she is doing better. I wish I could come & hold her. Maybe when I visit in the summer I'll get my chance.

Kari said...

She is beautiful Tysen! I hope she continues to do well. Good luck with everything these next few months. She is surely an angel. :)

Miriam said...

Hi Tysen,
I'm praying for little sweet Lyla and all your family. She is so adorable! Can't wait to meet her one day in person.

kecia said...

that little outfit looks so cute on her! I can't get over all of those cords all over her! Poor little thing! She is such a sweetheart! I have a special connection with her!

Kristan Carter said...

Oh she is darling. It was so fun to see you at the Expo. We are thinking of you and your family lots, and I am going to come and see you soon..

Beesley Family said...

What an angel. We'll keep her in our prayers---your whole fam for that matter. She's a doll!! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!!
When things settle down a bit--I'd love to chat, I've got major twin questions!!! I need help from a pro.!!