Thursday, January 6, 2011

1Yr. Ago Today

I noticed on my calendar that 1 year ago today we were at my ultrasound with Lyla recieving news of her heart defect and that she would possibly be born having down syndrome. Those were a few hard days and weeks unti her birth. I remember thinking why is this happening to us, I'm not cut out for this, will I love her regardless, will I think she's cute and so on. Had I only know then the immense love and joy she would bring to our lives over this past year it would have saved me many sleepless nights. We've been through some challenges this past year with her and I'm sure there are many more ahead but I wouldn't change a thing! We've grown and learned a lot this year from having her in our home. I feel like we're in a good place with it all. It's crazy how Heavenly Father has a way of sending us things we never knew we wanted but now wouldn't want to live without! She makes us smile every day and for that i'm so grateful!

3 comments:

Kristan Carter said...

Oh Tysen your post was so sweet. She was for sure meant to come to your home. You guys are great parents and Llya is darling.

Kristan Carter said...

Oh Tysen your post was so sweet. She was for sure meant to come to your home. You guys are great parents and Llya is darling.

Brenda said...

She is a cutie pie for sure! Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun, as usual.