Monday, October 13, 2008

"Happy Day" Ava

Ava turned "2" on the 10th. She was so excited for her "Happy Day" as she calls it this year! Chris and I took her to lunch and to Build-A-Bear. She kept saying "yeah, just mom and dad" she really enjoys one on one time herself and us! She had fun making her bear, and of course she chose the bright pink bear with hearts all over, she thinks it's great! Then we had family over for treats and a party in the evening. Thanks everyone for celebrating with us!







I was asking her what she wanted for her birthday and all she kept saying was "candles and sing." So I thought that's easy enough. She was so excited when everyone was singing Happy Birthday to her. She had a big grin and was clapping. It surprised me, I thought for sure she would get shy and funny with all the attention, but no, she was eating it up! It was so cute how excited she was!






A few little funny things about Ava as she turns Two!

--I love her big blue eyes and her blonde curls
--She still loves her bahee (bottle) and her beent (binki)
--Has a funny little bounce when she runs
--Is a mama's girl and wants me to do and get everything for her
--Jabbers and says so many funny words and sentences now
--She loves going to the park, playing outside, nursery, Little Gym, and watching Caillou
--Gets so excited to drive up and down any hills in the car

While I was rocking her to sleep I was thinking about the day she was born and how excited we were to see her little face and for her to finally join our family after what seemed to us like a long wait to become parents! I wish they didn't have to grow up so fast, I want her to stay little forever! I love how innocent she is and that the smallest and simpliest things make her so happy and excited! I am so very grateful to be her mom, she's my little pal! I really do feel like she's a blessing in our lives coming to our family!

6 comments:

cat+tadd=sam said...

Happy day Avesie! I love this little girl! I'm soooo sad I missed her party!

Lamb Family said...

Happy birthday Ava! She is so cute I cannot believe she is already 2!

Brenda said...

What a little cutie pie! Your family seriously has the best birthday cakes too, we're jealous over here!

Megan said...

Your kids are darling!! I can't believe you had 3 one year olds. Busy house with all those birthday celebrations and WOW are those cakes amazing! Where do they come from.

kecia said...

so cute! I love her little birthday shirt and it looks like you did so much cute stuff for her party! I love it! I am sorry we missed it but glad we could see her the next day1

Anonymous said...

Ava is such a cutie. I love her tights. They're so cute.