Friday, August 13, 2010

Rough few days

Lyla has had a rough past few days. We expected there would be some good and bad days. On Wednesday she had a high fever they were trying to figure out why and then in the morning she had a large amount of fluid on her chest x-ray so they had to sedate her again and put in another chest drain in her right side. Then Wednesday afternoon she stopped breathing which was very scary. Code Blue is nothing you ever want to hear over the hospital announcement associated with your child's room number. The response was amazing. In a matter of 30 seconds there were 40 doctors and nurses, 10 different machines and a cart with every imaginable thing you could need at her bedside to help her, which we were very grateful for. I was anything but calm, it was a scary few moments but they got her stable and moved her back to the CICU. They figured that the pressures in her lungs and chest got too high which causes the right part of your heart to kind of freeze up and not pump, is the basic diagnosis. Today she's had some heart rythm issues so they gave her some meds for that. So they're just watching the fluid output from the chest tube now and making sure everything else stays good. Hopefully the weekend will go better for her. We finally got a little smile or two out of her for the first time since the surgery today!


She had a fever so they put a cold washcloth on her head and it looked like she had bunny ears!

We finally get to hold her which is great, although moving her along with all her tubes and wires to your lap is quite a challenge!



The nurses made this cute poster to hang in her room! It tells all about her, they are all so great and kind taking care of Lyla!

10 comments:

Charakie said...

Just reading this post brought tears to my eyes. She is so brave! And you guys, you are probably so emotionally exhausted. Hang in there and know that you have a lot of people thinking about you and praying for you. Thanks for the updates.

cat+tadd=sam said...

Poor little sweetheart! I miss her, I promise we'll be making our way up there soon!

Brenda said...

She is such a precious thing. You are in our prayers!

Donna said...

i hope it goes smooth from here out. that is so scary! I am glad they responded so well and were able to stabilize her. I'm also glad she is smiling a little. Can't wait to hear the good news when she can go home. we'll be thinking about her. yes, we stole the idea for the leg warmers, they were just too cute! they are cute on Lyla too!

Natalie Hall said...

I shouldn't be crying so much as I right this, but I'm such a cry baby... I just can't handle seeing those photos, so sad.... Thanks for the updates.. Were sending lots of prayers and miracles your way..

kecia said...

Oh she looks SOO cute in those baby legs!!! Glad you got a picture! I might have to steal it for my blog if I ever get it updated!

Kari said...

Thinking of you all! She is so sweet.

Tiffany said...

I am so glad she is doing better. Reading all the past posts to catch up and I'm sorry i'm so behind! Your strength amazes me and you and your precious family will be in our prayers for a speedy recovery. I'll call soon to find out when I can bring you dinner or something.

hOLLIANN said...

She is so cute! I hope there are more good than bad days...thinking of you guys often...Gardners

Kristan Carter said...

OH Tysen...she is such a doll. We are thinking of her and praying for her. I am glad she is doing better. Please, please let me help more...I loved having AVA...I also clean house really well to.. (I would take me up on it...lol)