Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Things are looking better for Lyla

Things have been looking up the last couple of days! Sunday afternoon she moved out of the icu. For a few days they talked about putting in a picc line where she wouldn't be able to eat for six weeks and have only iv fluids to drain off the fluid from her lungs but luckily they didn't have to do that. The fluid yesterday stopped draining and her chest x-ray looks like it's mostly gone from her lungs. The special formula must be working. Hooray! I was praying that she didn't have to have that, it would have been miserable for her. She has a monitor checking her heart rate rythms that she has some issues with but that is looking better too and she is so much happier with the chest drains out. Things are looking much better the last couple of days, they are talking about her being able to go home in the next few which would be wonderful!

We have seen lots and lots of smiles out of her today! it's good to see her back to herself a little more!

Today her wagon ride put her to sleep!





The iv team that comes to draw her blood every morning bright and early at 4:30 am has nicknamed her "goldie toes" because of her painted toes.


She got to go on a wagon ride around the halls for the first time. She loves looking around and being out of her room for a bit. It's a nice change of scenery for her.



16 comments:

Brenda said...

So glad to hear she's doing better - love to see her big smile!

Nicki said...

So glad sweet Lyla is doing better! Love to see her smiling, she is so beautiful! Hope things continue to go well for your cute family.

Donna said...

hooray! Love to see her smile!!! Good luck in the next few days, hope it's all smooth from here!

Natalie Hall said...

Yes!!!!!!! Makes me sing with joy...

Nielson's said...

I hope you don't mind me looking at your blog, I heard from my sister who is friends with caitlyn and tadd, anyway I feel for you, your husband ,and your sweet baby Lyla. Our family was doing the same you are doing right now about 2 1/2 years ago with our little Luke. My prayers are with you and your family!

Shay and Roman said...

I miss her so much, she is so cute!!! I'm so glad she is doing much better! Give her lots of loves and kisses from me! I love you!

kecia said...

Oh those smiles make me so happy! She looks so much better!

Kristen said...

The one with her smiling is absolutely precious. Those smiles of hers must make your heart swell. I am glad to hear things are going better and you will be home soon.

hOLLIANN said...

She is so cute! I am so glad things are looking up!

The Brown's said...

Glad to hear that things are looking better! She is such a beautiful baby! Good luck and hang in there:)

Beesley Family said...

What a great post---she does look so cute and alot more happy! She's been in our prayers and thoughts and it's a relief to hear she's doing better. You are one tough cookie-- both of you, hang in there!! Give "Goldie Toe's" a squeeze for us!!

Kristan Carter said...

Oh Tysen she is such a doll. I am so glad things are looking better.

whitneyingram said...

I have been getting updates from Caitlyn, but I decided to come over here and get the details. I am glad things are getting better. We are still thinking about Lyla and praying for her and you and Chris.

I hope she gets to come home soon!

Tiffany said...

So happy things are going well. She looks so cute in that wagon. I'm still waiting for a phone call when you guys are home and i'll be over for dinner.

Donna said...

are you guys home yet? We were down today for Kennedy's 2 week follow up and I thought about you guys...

Tiffani Mills said...

I love the wagon photos!! Too adorable- hope she gets to come home soon! Glad she is doing better.